Besides crying at a love poem, I also have tossed everything hanging in my closet on the floor in an attempt to find something to wear tonight. My legs are so sore from running this week and that awful 2nd job...so no short dresses. But my jeans were hot, and my tops seemed not to look quite right and BLAH BLAH BLAH. More GIRL!
It was just a moment. I found a sassy long dress that looks great, and I pulled it together. Now I can go out and have a great time tonight. However, my silly girly indulgence just reminded me how much I miss my best gals. My dearest friends, with 2 exceptions, no longer live close. They are in Florida, South Carolina, and DC---far away. Too far for them to run over and have a much needed glass of wine with me. My schedule has prevented me from seeing the two good friends that are in town. What little spare time I have is usually spent with Boyfriend. It's frustrating! Sometimes a gal just needs to cry or giggle or gossip and only her *best* friends get it.

2 comments:
Awww you're making me tear up too! I so wish I could come have a glass of vino with you and talk trash and gossip...it's much needed. After this test is over, I'm bookin it to your town! (Hopefully, sometime, lets set a date.)
That's such a cute idea about the handkerchief...I'm gonna need a few at youre nuptials as Imma gonna be crying like a baby too!
Awww, you'll be okay. Lately I'm having a "closet" day EVERY day... sigh. Big hugs from up North, lover! :-)
Post a Comment