HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to my pops, the swellest guy in the whole world. I am a Daddy's girl and I always will be; he's the best. For his big day, we got him SOCKS. He actually wanted SOCKS. Turns out we haven't been giving him enough of the usual Dad gifts lately and he was running out of socks without holes. I'm sure for his birthday he'll ask for underwear. He also will beg us not to spend any money (as he did for father's day and every other holiday) because his fear is that we will spend too much money and somehow we'll need money from him and his present will end up costing
him money. Awww, Dad, we're all growd up now, we can pay for it, we
promise. Gotta love how practical he is though! We threw in a nice shirt, a book and a bathing suit to go with the socks all the same.
After dinner, we sat around laughing and joking until talk of my wedding came up. Daddy gave me the "are you sure you want to get married next spring? are you really sure???" Yes Dad! "Well ok, but I am writing ONE check for an amount I decided and not a penny more!" He reminds me of Spencer Tracy in Father of the Bride (one of our family's favorite movies--the original version is SO much better than the remake!):

and that was about the face he made when my mom pouted "she's my only daughter and this is for me too and if I want to pay for something extra I will!" I love my parents.
1 comment:
Hehe I love your parents!
Post a Comment